Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Leap of Faith


I like spontaneity.  I do, really.   Well, let's say that I am seeking to embrace it more in my life. However, if I'm being honest, the truth is that deep down I am a planner. I want to plot the course and prepare for possible outcomes.

We all know how that goes, right? - "stuff" happens...but you probably don't want those things to happen on a day that you have meticulously planned. 

It takes a lot of great attitude, good support people and maybe a little "Zen" when you are thrown a curve-ball on the morning of your wedding.  Dana and Nick, thankfully,  have all of the above.

I was brought in last minute to cover their wedding for a fellow photographer one Saturday morning in May. 

I'm really glad I got to do it.  It was a gorgeous day (albeit slightly warm).  Dana was an adorably beautiful bride.  Nick was such a sweet and attentive groom.  They were very much in love. The party was fun - I mean, this was obviously a wedding that everyone was excited to celebrate - AND I got to work with one of my favorite people on the planet - Ali Anderson.

Most importantly, I am grateful for the immediate faith that the bride in groom chose to put in Ali and I - it made our job so much easier and soooo enjoyable.

These are but a few captures from the day...






I need to give props to my second photographer...Ali took some amazing photos.  Her eye is always on the look out for those "moments in between"...


Looking at things from an entirely different perspective...


And especially those moments that capture the true essence of what the story is all about...


In addition to being a wonderful photographer, Ali is an exceptional wordsmith.  I LOVE her writing.  Please visit her site - Ali Anderson Photography.  The woman knows how to tell a story!

Dana and Nick - thank you again for truly "letting us in" on your most special of days.  We appreciate the leap of faith and wish you every happiness to come.

Lisa

1 comment:

  1. what a big day it was! nick and dana - you both are gems. thanks for trusting us with the most special day in your lives.

    and lisa - woman, you always come through shining. i think the dressing room mirror image is my fave of the entire day. always a treat to shoot with you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete